Why responsive website design matters
Responsive design allows the creation of a website that reformats its contents depending on what device it is being viewed on.
Clearly, a website will look and behave very differently on a 27-inch desktop monitor than on a 9-inch tablet PC.
Responsive design has a number of key advantages for small businesses:
- Content can be created once and delivered to multiple devices
- The user experience is the same no matter which device accesses the site's content
- As consumers increasingly use mobile devices to shop, responsive design can ensure this activity is familiar on a desktop, phone or tablet
- With over half of the UK's population now owning a smartphone, content must be optimised for this channel
- Marketing opportunities can be enhanced with complementary services all delivered instantly across all customer touch points.